We are committed to help meet the needs of the communities where we do business including:
- Financial contributions to numerous schools and non-profit organizations
- Volunteer efforts supporting the Walk to Fight ALS, the Heart Walk and Jolly Holiday Lights.
- Significant involvement with the Gateway East Steering Committee that guides the revitalization efforts of the historic East Village area
- Offering our expertise in financial services to help build personal money management skills
- Financial guidance at seminars and conferences
- Chamber of Commerce involvement
- Annual employee rally collecting financial contributions for United Way
At Iowa State Bank, we're making a difference!
We are honored to take a leadership role in meeting the credit needs of the entire community, and our actions have earned us well-deserved accolades from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). For more than 18 years, Iowa State Bank has been awarded an OUTSTANDING rating for community reinvestment. This is the highest rating a bank can earn and serves as independent proof of our commitment to all citizens of metro Des Moines.
Designated Investment Fund (DIF)
Iowa State Bank's DIF fund allows depositors to earmark their deposits to be used for loans within a designated area for home loans, including home improvement and commercial loans. The DIF program is guided by the Community Advisory Committee (CAC) to ensure loan assistance if offered where it is most needed. The CAC group consists of business and civic leaders, Iowa State Bank staff, small business owners, neighborhood groups and other East Side neighborhood associations.
Because we are committed to helping our community grow and prosper, we have teamed up with Citizens for Community Improvement to offer the Community Reinvestment Home Loan Program and with the Iowa Finance Authority to offer the First Time Homebuyer Program.
We have formed strong partnerships with Citizen's for Community Improvement and the Institute for Social & Economic Development to offer educational and financial literacy programs.
Our employees make a meaningful difference in our communities through the way they work and the way they live. We help improve the quality of life for those not yet economically self-sufficient by contributing our time, talent, and resources. We encourage our employees to help build strong, safe and healthy communities by giving time to their favorite non-profit or school.