Frequently Asked Questions
What Will Iowa State Bank's Trust Department Do For Me?
- Work with you and your legal advisor in defining your objectives as you prepare your Will and/or Trust
- Invest your assets, according to your predetermined goals and objectives
- Receive and disperse funds; provide you with a complete report of all income expenses transactions; and year end tax information
What Should I Look For When Choosing A Trustee Or Executor?
- Training and experience in the administration of trusts and estates
- Availability to you and your family
- Financial responsibility
- Unbiased objectivity in meeting your goals and objectives
What Are The Advantages Of Choosing Iowa State Bank Versus A Family Friend Or Relative As Executor Or Trustee?
- Trust Department officers averaging over 20 years of trust and banking experience; handling your estate and trusts is our full-time business; expertise in all areas of trust and investments
- Avoids or lessens the conflicts that may arise between beneficiaries
- Procedures and reports must meet the standards established by State and Federal Bank Examiners
How Would Iowa State Bank Invest My Money?
- According to your goals and objectives
- In individual stocks and bonds meeting our quality standards
Why Estate Planning?
- Ensures that your wishes are carried out and gives you peace of mind knowing that you have done all you can to provide for your family
- Protect your beneficiaries against unnecessary taxes and expenses
- Designate a guardian to care for your minor children