It has come to our attention that customers are receiving phone calls claiming to be from Iowa State Bank asking for personal and account information.
These are fraudulent calls, please do not give the caller any information.
Callers will often:
- Threaten to close or suspend your account.
- Inform you that your account has been compromised, then ask you to confirm your personal information.
- Ask you to confirm or update your account information or address.
- Tell you that there has been unauthorized activity on your account and ask you to verify your personal information.
What you should do if you receive a call:
- Do not give out ANY personal information or account information such as social security numbers, bank account numbers or your address.
- Hang up, call your local Iowa State Bank branch and notify them of the fraudulent activity.
What you should do if you gave out your information:
- Immediately call an Iowa State Bank Branch. Tell them about the call and all of the information you gave out.
- We will work with you to decide the best course of action to protect your identity and personal account information.
Iowa State Bank will never call you and ask for your personal information or account number.